The Business Council Announces Finalists for the Inaugural Workforce Innovation Awards
Online, Public Voting to Began Friday
ALBANY – The Business Council of New York State announced Friday the finalists for the 2022 Workforce Innovation Awards. The inaugural awards will be presented to New York’s workforce stakeholders, and recognize outstanding workforce development, education providers, as well as business leaders, focused on developing a strong and diverse talent pipeline to meet the workforce needs of local or regional businesses.
The public will have the opportunity to vote for winners in three categories, on social media and on The Business Council website, over a two-week period. Finalists in the three categories include:
- Baldwin Union Free School District – Hempstead
- Capital Region BOCES – Albany
- Clarkson University – Potsdam
- State University of New York (SUNY) System – Albany
- Western Governors University – Online state-wide
- Assembly House 150 – Buffalo
- Buffalo and Erie County Workforce Investment Board, Inc. (Workforce Buffalo) – Buffalo
- Northland Workforce Training Center – Buffalo
- The Guidance Center of Westchester – Mount Vernon
The Business Council has opened the public voting portion of the awards contest. Those interested in taking part can do so until Friday, April 22, 2022. Details on the voting process can be found here.
Winners chosen from each category will be honored at a May 20th luncheon at the University at Albany’s ETEC Building.
# # #