All employees and dependents covered for dental can individually choose to reduce their dental benefit maximum by $150 each calendar year and apply this amount toward vision expenses.
There is no cash deductible, coinsurance, co-pay or schedule for the FUSION vision benefits.
Covered Vision Expenses
- Annual eye exams
- Lenses: single, bifocal, trifocal, lenticular and progressive
- Contact lenses including fit and follow up
- Discounts are at no extra cost to plan members who use an EyeMed Access network provider
Exclusions and Limitations
- Services and supplies ordered or performed before coverage became effective or after coverage ends
- Sub-normal eye care aids, orthoptic or eye care training or any associated testing
- Non-prescription lenses, eye exams and eyewear required as a condition of employment, medical or surgical treatment of the eyes or any services no specified above
- For complete exclusions and limitations, contact your benefits advisor
This highlights brochure is not a contract or certificate of insurance. Group qualification is determined by First Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. of New York. First Ameritas offers group dental and eye care products in New York. Certain plan designs may not be available in all areas. To become appointed with First Ameritas, call 800.201.8562. First Ameritas' New York Special dental plans (9000-RGBR Ed. 09-07) are issued by First Ameritas. ©2008 First Ameritas. First Ameritas and First Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. of New York are registered service marks of First Ameritas. The bison symbol, “We're First Ameritas. We're for people.,” and UNIFI are registered service marks of Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. or UNIFI Mutual Holding Company.