Please join us for a meeting of the New York State Construction Industry Council (NYSCIC). We will be welcoming our new chairman, Carl Stewart of Turner Construction. Topics of discussion include The Business Council's 2020 Legislative Agenda, prevailing wage, and other session issues.
Ronald L. Epstein, Executive Deputy Commissioner/CFO of the New York State Department of Transportation will address the Council on proposed capital plan funding levels in the Executive’s proposed FY 2021 state budget. The Construction Council will also discuss the proposed prevailing wage on private work mandate as it is being debated as part of the Executive’s proposed state budget. These negotiations are important in light of the Senate and Assembly readying to submit their one-house budget proposals.
- Carl Stewart, Vice President & General Manager, Turner Construction
Chair, New York State Construction Industry Council
Review of Agenda
- Johnny Evers, PhD, Senior Director, The Business Council of New York State
Guest Speaker – DOT/MTA Capital Plans and Governor Cuomo’s $175B Building Program
- Ron Epstein, CFO/Assistant Commissioner, NYS DOT
Prevailing Wage Coalition Update / Legislative & Budget Updates
- Ken Pokalsky, Vice President, The Business Council of New York State
Diesel Emissions Reduction Act (DERA)
- Walter Pacholczak, Vice President, Associated General Contractors of New York State
Transportation and Climate Initiative (TCI)
- Joseph Foskett, Esq., Director, The Business Council of New York State