The Business Council Announces 11 Finalists for Inaugural Minority & Women’s Business Award
ALBANY – The Business Council of New York State announced Wednesday 11 finalists for the inaugural Minority & Women’s Business Award. The Business Council believes in the continued promotion of economic growth and prosperity for all, and that opportunity must be given to all employers, regardless of race or creed.
The Minority and Women's Business Award honors minority, women, and LGBTQ businesses by recognizing their history and success. A total of 35 businesses from across the state were nominated by their legislators.
- Alpha Care Supply / Valley Stream
- Backyard BBQ / Freeport
- Caribbean Soul / Rosedale
- Christie’s Boutique / Olean
- Johnson Security Bureau / Bronx
- JonJohn’s Bakery / Rochester
- NY Career Training School / Far Rockaway
- Taqueria Los Mayas / Cheektowaga
- The Cheesy Chick Café & Food Trucks / Williamsville
- Wendy’s Deli / Mattituck
- Zamandari / Far Rockaway
The winner will be presented the award at The Business Council's Annual Meeting on September 22nd at The Sagamore Resort in Bolton Landing.
The Minority and Women’s Business Award is sponsored by National Grid. National Grid has been a great partner of The Business Council by supporting the association’s many diversity and inclusion programs.