The Northeast Regional Transportation Climate Initiative: Concept, Framework and Issues for NYS Business
Please join us for a webinar that will describe the “Transportation Climate Initiative,” or TCI, its purpose, status and timetable, and issues for consideration by New York State business.
The webinar (free for Business Council members, $49 for non-members) will be held 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM on Thursday, November 14th.
The “Transportation Climate Initiative,” or TCI, is a regional collaboration of 12 Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states (including New York) and the District of Columbia, that would adopt a “cap and trade” program for carbon emissions from region-wide use of gasoline and diesel fuel by on-road vehicles (similar in concept to the “Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative,” adopted in 2009 for powerplant emissions). A four-page “framework” was issued October 1, and the states continue to seek input from interested parties. Program details are still under development, and we are still up to two years from implementation.
It is important that key stakeholders, including the business community, become engaged in the decision-making process related to TCI.
This webinar will provide an overview of the framework and the program’s design, and the expected timetable for moving forward. It will also include commentary by business representatives that would be directly impacted by the proposal. Presenters include:
- J. Jared Snyder, Deputy Commissioner, Office of Climate, Air and Energy, NYS Department of Environmental Conservation
- Jason Pandich, Office of Climate, Air and Energy, NYS Department of Environmental Conservation
- Andrew Sinclair, Northeast Public & Government Affairs, Exxon Mobil Corporation
- Representative, General Motors Corporation
- Ken Pokalsky, Vice President, The Business Council of NYS, Inc.
TBC Member - Free!
Non-Member - $49.00
|Member Registration||Non-Member Registration|