October 3, 2007
Governor Spitzer, Senator Clinton, and Business Council President Kenneth Adams among featured speakers at technology conference
Governor Eliot Spitzer and U.S. Senator Hillary Clinton will be among the speakers at a conference showcasing the technologies and ideas fueling Upstate business growth October 9-10 at Syracuse OnCenter.
Business Council President Kenneth Adams will provide opening remarks for the two-day event.
The state's six Centers of Excellence will present demonstrations of their latest work at the event. Conference participants will have the opportunity to look in detail at the winners of five Upstate business plan competitions.
The agenda also includes:
- A presentation on entrepreneurship by Christopher Darby,
CEO of investment firm In-Q-Tel.
- A discussion on green technologies, moderated by William
Flynn, former head of the New York State Public Service
Commission and managing partner of Harris Beach, PLLC.
- A review of Nanotechnology with Harold Craighead, director
of Cornell University Nanobiotechnology Center.
- Video addresses by U.S. Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY)
and U.S. Representative Jim Walsh (R-Syracuse).
- A panel discussion on driving business growth moderated by Dan Gundersen, the Upstate chairman of the Empire State Development Corporation.
For additional information, including online registration
and a complete agenda, visit www.fuse2007.com.