July 10, 2003
Council's Labor and HR Committee sets August 13 meeting on Long Island
The Business Council's Labor and Human Resources Committee will meet from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Wednesday, August 13, at the Fleet Corporate Center in Melville, Nassau County.
The meeting agenda includes:
- A discussion of current activities and initiatives at
the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
- A briefing by Spencer Lewis, the New York district director
of the EEOC, on the agency and focus on agency priorities
and the EEOC mediation program.
- A review of employee healthcare plan cost control and
consumer-driven healthcare plans.
- An updated presentation by John Bauer, of Milliman USA,
on trends in health care. Milliman USA is a consulting firm
for insurance and healthcare costs.
- A review of various human resources-related bills by Tom Minnick, manager of The Council's Center for Human Resources. Topics to be covered included union organizing, insurance, and workers' compensation benefits, as well as some federal legislative issues.
For more information on the agenda and access to an on-line registration form, visit http://www.bcnys.org/inside/labor/meetnote.htm.