November 26, 1999
Council to manage Chamber Alliance; new officers, board members set
New York's local and regional chambers of commerce have asked The Business Council to manage the Chamber Alliance of New York State (CANYS).
Denise Murphy McGraw, The Council's director of regional affairs, will be executive director of CANYS beginning in January. The Council will coordinate all CANYS conferences, prepare its newsletter and other communications, develop a web site, handle the group's finances, and serve as CANYS spokesperson.
The 2000 chairman for CANYS will be John D'Ambrosio, president/CEO of the Chamber of Commerce of Orange County. Other new officers include:
- Garry Douglas, president/CEO of the Plattsburgh/North Country Chamber will serve as chair-elect.
- Wally Altes, president/CEO of the Albany-Colonie Regional Chamber of Commerce, will remain secretary-treasurer and will represent chambers on The Business Council's board.
- David Cordeau, president of the Greater Syracuse Chamber of Commerce, is immediate past chair.
CANYS members this week were voting on other officers and directors. Beth Coleman, president of the Greater Southern Dutchess Chamber, was nominated as vice chair. Nominees for two-year terms as board members are:
- Kenneth Adams, president of the Brooklyn Chamber.
- Larry Bowman, president/CEO of the Auburn/Cayuga County Chamber.
- Karen Del Monico, executive vice president of the Greater Watertown Chamber of Commerce.
- Steve Newvine, president of the Livingston Chamber of Commerce.
- Ray San Fratello, president of the Genesee County Chamber of Commerce.
Others appointed by D'Ambrosio to one-year terms on the board are:
- Len Cane, president of the Chamber of Commerce of Ulster County.
- Tammy Carnrike, president/CEO of the Chenango County Chamber.
- Marty Delany, president of the Bethlehem Chamber of Commerce.
- Anne Flint, president of the Schenectady County Chamber.
- Bill Scarafia, president of the Cheektowaga Chamber of Commerce.