Unemployment Insurance Committee
The Business Council worked closely with Governor Cuomo's administration in developing an Unemployment Insurance reform that will responsibly pay off New York's debt to the federal government, create system savings and incrementally increase benefits. There is still much work to be done to fully reform a system that's adjudicatory body continues to exhibit an anti-business bias. With your participation and input, the Business Council's UI Committee will continue to have a primary role in devising solutions to problems in the UI hearing system and other regulatory deficiencies and advocating for their implementation.
Lev Ginsburg, Director of Government Affairs
- 2017 Back to Business Legislative and Regulatory Agenda
- 2016 Fix New York Legislative and Regulatory Agenda
- 2015 Legislative and Regulatory Agenda
- UI Tax Rates, Federal Borrowing and 2013 Reforms
- Guide to Understanding the "Notice of Unemployment Insurance (UI) Rate"
- New Employer Guide to Unemployment Hearings and Updated Employer's Guide to Unemployment Insurance, Wage Reporting and Withholding Tax