Unemployment Insurance Committee
The Business Council worked closely with Governor Cuomo's administration in developing an Unemployment Insurance reform that will responsibly pay off New York's debt to the federal government, create system savings and incrementally increase benefits. There is still much work to be done to fully reform a system that's adjudicatory body continues to exhibit an anti-business bias. With your participation and input, the Business Council's UI Committee will continue to have a primary role in devising solutions to problems in the UI hearing system and other regulatory deficiencies and advocating for their implementation.
Lev Ginsburg, Director of Government Affairs
- Back to Business - 2017 Legislative and Regulatory Agenda
- FY 2018 Budget Overview
- 2017 End of Session Summary
- 2016 Fix New York Legislative and Regulatory Agenda
- FY 2017 Budget Overview
- 2016 End of Session Summary
- UI Tax Rates, Federal Borrowing and 2013 Reforms
- Guide to Understanding the "Notice of Unemployment Insurance (UI) Rate"
- New Employer Guide to Unemployment Hearings and Updated Employer's Guide to Unemployment Insurance, Wage Reporting and Withholding Tax