2005 UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION LEGISLATIVE PROGRAMStaff Contacts
- Use of the principles of experience rating, necessity, lowest cost to the economy, and contemporary timing in the design of any revised funding of the UC Trust Fund and repayment of Federal advances at the lowest cost to employers.
- Creation of separate General Accounts for taxable employers, reimbursable government employers, and reimbursable private employers.
- Increase of the requalification standards from five times a claimant's benefit level to ten times.
- Facilitation of communication of work interruptions to chargeable employers.
- Weekly communication of benefit charge notices to employers.
- Opposition to further increase of the taxable wage base above the Federal taxable wage base.