Travel & Tourism Committee
New York State has always been one of the top Travel & Tourism destinations in the world, offering everything from scenic mountain ranges to amazing white sandy beaches, from historic and cultural sites to world class museums and the performing arts, and from quaint village greens to mid-town Manhattan. However, declining public sector focus, difficult economic conditions and poor funding of the state's marketing budget have resulted in a Travel & Tourism industry that is anemic in many locations around the state. The Business Council, in partnership with other Travel & Tourism industry associations, has initiated a new effort to advocate for the revitalization and development of the industry, and help the industry to realize its potential for job creation in New York State.
- An estimated 227 million people visited New York State in 2014.
- Tourism in New York State the 4th largest employer.
- It is the second highest industry in revenue by bringing in $69 million in 2013.
Johnny Evers, Director of Government Affairs
- First Professional Mixed Martial Arts Card Coming to Capital Region, 12/7/16
- Governor Guomo Signs Legislation Legalizing Mixed Martial Arts in New York State, 4/14/16
- Legislature Takes Up Legislation to Revamp Alcoholic Beverage Control Law - A Benefit for the Travel Industry
- Assembly Names New Tourism Chair, 1/4/17