If you work in or have an interest in transportation, logistics or supply chain management, I invite you join our Transportation Committee. Currently, we have several hundred professionals on its membership and mailing list.
This committee is The Business Council's network for keeping member companies informed and involved in transportation-related legislative and regulatory matters affecting businesses all across New York State. It is the conduit through which the staff receives input from members regarding these legislative and regulatory proposals.
Each year, through a series of committee meetings deigned to keep members up to date, we highlight major state and private sector transportation projects, transportation related legislative efforts and regulatory developments. Experts from the state's Thruway Authority and Department of Transportation are frequent speakers.
Johnny Evers, Director of Government Affair
- Letter in support of ridesharing to Assemblyman Kevin Cahill, 3/28/17
- S.427 (Seward), Support, Personal Motor Vehicle Sharing Programs, 2/13/17
- Uber: Thousands Upstate Tried to Access App on Thanksgiving Eve, 11/28/16
2017-2018 Legislative Memos
- 2016 Legislative and Regulatory Agenda
- FY 2015/2016 New York State Budget
- 2016 End of Legislative Session Summary
- U.S. Department of Transportation
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Federal Highway Administration (FHWA)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA)
- Maritime Administration (MARAD)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
- Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation (SLSDC)
- Surface Transportation Board (STB)