The next meeting of The Business Council’s Construction Council will be March 27. The Fort Orange Club is located in Albany at 110 Washington Avenue, directly across the street from The Business Council offices.
Our guest speaker will be Senator Fred Akshar (52nd Senate District). Senator Akshar has been a strong proponent for Workers' Compensation reform and Scaffold Law repeal. Senator Akshar will update the Council on the construction issues in the Legislature, such as prevailing wage, and the various construction issues being discussed in the context of the budget, such as MWBE and design-build.
A full agenda will be published and sent to the Council early next week, and will include for discussion:
- Re-Authorization of Executive Law Article 15-A that governs the State’s Minority and Women Business Enterprise (MWBE) programs,
- The on-going efforts regarding repealing the Scaffold Law,
- Prevailing Wage issues and various legislative proposals to expand this to private sector work,
- State funding levels for Department of Transportation Capital Projects,
- Workforce Development and the Construction Industry.
Guest speakers will be announced in the coming weeks.