OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY & HEALTH LEGISLATIVE PROGRAM
- Support legislation to license occupational safety and hygiene professionals.
- Continue to assist in the development of homeland security issues as they relate to the business community.
- Respond to mold related legislation to ensure that the public is protected and to ensure that safety and health professionals are recognized as qualified to oversee mold remediation
- Strongly oppose any effort by the state to develop and implement its own state OSHA plan.
- Oppose legislation that would place restrictions on the use of, or set state-level equipment standards for VDT's in the workplace.
- Oppose legislation that would impose state-level regulations in areas pre-empted by the federal Occupational Safety and Health Act. For example, oppose legislation that would mandate
that employers provide medical monitoring services for all employees within broad occupational categories.
- Propose and support amendments to the state's asbestos abatement law to make it more risk-based by exempting from regulation those activities and materials which do not pose a threat.
- Support amendments to sections 240 and 241 of the labor law to create a comparative negligence standard on third party suits.
- Continue to monitor activities of the New York State Occupational Health Clinics Network and to promote business participation on local OHCN advisory committees.
TO VIEW THE BUSINESS COUNCIL'S COMPLETE
LEGISLATIVE PROGRAM CLICK HERE