2004 LEGISLATIVE PROGRAM
Following is The Business Council's 2004 Legislative Program. It identifies priority issues to be addressed by the Committees and Councils during 2004.
- Use of the principles of experience rating, necessity, lowest cost to the economy, and contemporary timing in the design of any revised funding of the UC Trust Fund.
- Creation of separate General Accounts for taxable employers, reimbursable government employers, and reimbursable private employers.
- Increase of the requalification standards from five times a claimant's benefit level to ten times.
- Facilitation of communication of work interruptions to chargeable employers.
- Weekly communication of benefit charge notices to employers.