2004 LEGISLATIVE PROGRAM
Following is The Business Council's 2004 Legislative Program. It identifies priority issues to be addressed by the Committees and Councils during 2004.Mission Statement
Advocate legislation or regulations which will foster the growth of the Internet and e-commerce including, but not limited to, issues involving: Privacy, use of information technologies, tax policy, amendments to the State Technology Law, the Uniform Commercial Code as well as the National Uniform Electronic Transaction Act.
- Support enforcement of existing laws against fraudulent and deceptive
marketers and promote consumer empowerment technologies.
- Oppose legislation that imposes onerous burdens or liabilities on
- Support a moratorium on any new taxes on commercial Internet transactions.
- Support industry-led initiatives to protect consumers' privacy over
- Oppose legislation which would regulate the content on the Internet.
- Oppose legislation prohibiting the use of social security numbers
- Support legislation promoting educational technology.