2004 LEGISLATIVE PROGRAM - CONSUMER AFFAIRS
Following is The Business Council's 2004 Legislative Program. It identifies priority issues to be addressed by the Committees and Councils during 2004.
- Support the position that all necessary labeling and packaging requirements
for food, drug and products be done at the federal level.
- Support the position that all necessary warranty requirements be
imposed at the federal level to ensure nationwide consistency.
- To ensure nationwide consistency, oppose legislation which amends
New York State's Fair Credit Reporting Act beyond the standards established
by the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Oppose legislation which restricts the release or sale of names on
- Oppose legislation that would impose additional government mandated restrictions on the terms of franchise agreements.