2004 LEGISLATIVE PROGRAM
BUSINESS LAW / GENERAL COUNSELS
Following is The Business Council's 2004 Legislative Program. It identifies priority issues to be addressed by the Committees and Councils during 2004.
- Support comprehensive civil justice reform.
- Support restructuring the unified court system.
- Support the extension of Court of Claims jurisdiction to include claims by or against any local government or by or against any public officer or government employee.
- Oppose awarding pre-judgment interest in personal injury actions.
- Oppose awarding damages for bereavement, emotional loss and mental anguish in wrongful death actions.
- Support expansion of the Commercial Division of New York Supreme Court.
- Oppose legislation which restricts the use of protective orders to keep discovery exchanged in civil litigation confidential.