2003 LEGISLATIVE PROGRAM
Following is The Business Council's 2003 Legislative Program. It identifies priority issues to be addressed by the Committees and Councils during 2003.
- Creation of separate General Accounts for taxable employers, reimbursable government employers, and reimbursable private employers.
- Federal funding of claims where separation from employment was caused by September 11 damage of the workplace, or by a reduction in business volume within one-half mile of the World Trade Center.
- Use of the principles of experience rating, necessity, lowest cost to the economy, and contemporary timing in the design of any revised funding of the UC Trust Fund.
- Increase of the requalification standards from five times a claimant's benefit level to ten times.
- Variable duration of benefits to reflect better a claimant's attachment to the workforce.
- Strengthening the seeking work requirement for continued benefit check eligibility.
- Facilitation of communication of work interruptions to chargeable employers.
- Weekly communication of benefit charge notices to employers.