Human Resources Information
A collection of HR information and resources exclusively for Members
The HR Line
For most employers, the single largest investment they make is in their people. Maximizing and protecting that investment, however, is one of the great challenges in business today. When you have questions, The Business Council HR Line has the answers.
- What are the meal period requirements in New York State?
- What’s the difference between an employee and an independent contractor?
- What are the posting requirements for New York State?
For Business Council members the answers are only a phone call away. The HR Line provides quick answers to your questions and helps connect you to additional references and resources for more detailed answers.
Need help? Call 1.800.332.2117
Networking & Advocacy
The Business Council’s Labor & Human Resources Committee has more than 1,000 HR and business professional members. It’s one of The Council’s largest committees and is a fantastic source of HR information and networking.
Become a member of the Committee and:
- Help director our legislative and regulatory proposals;
- Participate in one of our regular HR Legislative Briefings held throughout the state;
- Network with your HR colleagues at Business Council events; and/or
- Join with business and HR professional in advocating on employee related legislative issues.
All Business Council members are eligible to join the Labor & HR Committee.
HR Legislative Agenda
Employers need a stable employment regulatory environment to help them stay competitive. They also need the ability to fit their industry, size, location and profitability.
To achieve these objectives, New York should:
- Support reasonable provision regarding pay equity;
- Support reasonable accommodations and other components of gender equity legislation ensuring that state standards conform to federal provisions;
- Support reforms to ensure that “prevailing wage” determinations accurately reflect regional private sector wage levels;
- Oppose proposals for mandated leave, sick time, vacation time and other forms of leave, and
- Oppose new pay mandates, including authorizing localities to increase their minimum wage – and any extension of public works prevailing wage to private sector activities.
New York Human Resources Manuals
New York Human Resources Library
Our Human Resources Library can help you steer clear of costly lawsuits and legal fees. With all of the essential information in one place, you'll be equipped with the tools you need to quickly handle the day-to-day HR issues that come up at every business.
As an online resource, your manuals & guides are updated as the laws change and you’ll be notified when the changes in HR laws affect you.
Why use the New York Human Resources Library?
- Simple! Skip the legalese. Easily understand what you need to do in almost any HR situation.
- Easy to Use. Access it online and save time! Search, find what you need and move on.
- Credible. You don’t have to talk to an attorney. We did it for you! Avoid the pain of a costly lawsuit.
- State-Specific and Topic-Specific Publications Available.
The Business Council of New York State, Inc. members receive 20% off any publication on hrsimple.com/NY. Just use coupon code: NYCW15M at checkout or call (866) 439-2227 and mention it on the phone.