Forum 2009: Federal Health Care Reform
Understanding the Impact on New York's Businesses
September 10, 2009
Save the Date:
Does all the talk in Washington leave you wondering how health care reform at the federal level will impact your business and your community? If understanding where your business – whether large or small - fits into the reform bills being debated, make plans now to join The Business Council on November 9, 2009 for a one-day federal health care reform forum.
The forum's objective is to provide insight and information that will help businesses and other interested stakeholders understand how any changes that may be forthcoming will affect coverage options for employees, result in new taxes or surcharges, impact access to health care services, and affect your bottom-line. From CEOs, to benefit administrators, to HR staff — all will benefit from the opportunity to listen, learn and question forum experts on how best your business can plan for reforms to the health care and health insurance market.
Preliminary Forum Agenda:
- Status reports from federal and congressional leaders involved in the health care reform debate
- Health insurance and health care experts help translate aspects of reform and how it will impact coverage options for employers and employees
- Experts on the Massachusetts individual coverage mandate share perspectives on how state reform has impacted employers and employees
- New York’s health care system stakeholders describe the potential impact of reform on their sectors and ultimately on the business community
- Local government officials discuss how reform may impact health care and the cost of doing business and living in your community