Government Affairs Council Update
Staff Contact: Ken Pokalsky
January 19, 2018
EXECUTIVE BUDGET OVERVIEW
The Executive Budget and related documents, including draft legislation and bill memos, are available here on the Division of Budget web site.
The Department of Taxation and Finance has issued it's "Preliminary Report," responding to the impacts of federal tax reform, including a proposed payroll tax on employers and other conformity issues.
Based on our initial review, here are several issues on which we expect to focus our advocacy efforts:
- CPA firm/minority ownership
- Increased workforce development funding
- Expanded design build authority (but not PLA requirements)
- Funding for additional early college high schools
- Expanded testing of autonomous cars
- Lack of reforms in extension of MWBE program
- Repeal of ESCO sales tax exemption
- LLC campaign contribution cap and public campaign financing
- Pharma tax
- Health plan tax
- Tax credit deferrals
- Marketplace provider sales tax collection mandate
- Payroll tax proposal and PIT/CFT conformity (DTF options paper)
- State-established retirement plans for private sector employees
As you continue your review of the Executive Budget, we welcome your input on these and other priority issues. Thanks.
The Business Council of New York State, Inc.
111 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12210