Government Affairs Albany UpdateJanuary 21, 2005
The Government Affairs staff has compiled a summary of the major provisions of the Governor's proposed 2005-06 budget. We have also provided a link to the official budget documents from the Division of Budget.
MONDAY - JANUARY 24, 2005
10:00 a.m., Hearing Rm. B, LOB, Albany
- PUBLIC HEARING: The committee will meet jointly w/ Ways & Means to hear testimony on the Local Gov't/General Gov't portion of the Executive Budget Proposal. Contact: Huguette Ostrander @ (518) 455-3411.
Senate Housing and Construction
11:00 a.m., Hearing Rm. A, LOB
- PUBLIC HEARING: The committee will hear testimony on proposed legislation which would authorize voters to eliminate the school property tax on residences and implement a local income tax to finance the local costs of public education. Contact: Kate Glazer @ (518) 455-3181.
TUESDAY - JANUARY 25, 2005
9:30 a.m., Hearing Rm. B, LOB
- PUBLIC HEARING: The committee will meet jointly w/ Ways & Means to hear testimony on the Transportation portion of the Executive Budget Proposal. Contact: Clinton Freeman @ (518) 455-5491.
12:30 p.m., LOB 823
- AB 361 Gantt Relates to the qualifications of operators of health facilities.
Assembly Local Governments
12:30 p.m., LOB 838
- AB 1493 Sweeney Requires wireless communications providers to change their records if a customer moves his or her primary place of use to a different county.
1:30 p.m., LOB 623
- AB 282 Christensen Directs the division of human rights to promulgate rules of practice to permit complaints alleging unlawful discriminatory practices to be filed as class actions.
Assembly Environmental Conservation
2:00 p.m., LOB 623
- AB 342 Lifton Creates lien in favor of state for expenditures for certain remedial environmental projects.
- AB 904 Lentol Requires operators of major facilities to implement plans and to install equipment for prompt detection of petroleum discharges.
- AB 1454 Colton Enacts the "electronic equipment recycling act".
- AB 1455 Colton Directs the commissioner of environmental conservation to promulgate rules and regulations providing for recycling, reuse and remanufacturing of electronic equipment.
Assembly Corporations Authorities Commissions
2:30 p.m., LOB 423
- AB 617 Stringer Provides for unlisted telephone numbers without charge for victims of domestic violence for whose benefit an order of protection has been issued.
- AB 1075 Farrell, Jr. Clarifies the publication of notice requirements for limited liability companies and partnerships.