2006 FINANCIAL SERVICES LEGISLATIVE PROGRAM
Following is The Business Council's 2006 Legislative Program. It identifies priority issues to be addressed by the Committees and Councils during 2006.
- Oppose efforts to eliminate the deductibility for banks and
other corporations of dividends received from REITs (Real Estate
- Oppose legislation that would place restrictions on the ability
of businesses to engage in either outsourcing or offshoring activities.
- Oppose efforts to limit ATM access fees.
- Oppose changes in the Tax Law that single out the banking
industry for unfair taxation.
- Oppose the requiring of emergency
911 buttons on ATMs.
- Oppose legislation which regulates fees
and charges associated with gift cards and gift certificates.
- Support policies and practices that safeguard customer privacy
and penalize identity theft.
- Support compliance with recently
enacted federal law regarding vicarious liability.
- Support an extension of the Bank Tax without amendment.