The members of The Business Council Environment Committee are unambiguously committed to environmental stewardship, and a sustainable economic future.
The Committee is comprised of Business Council members who self-select to actively participate in the committee. The members represent a cross section of the many professionals who are actively engaged in all aspects of the environmental field. The unique committee is comprised of plant managers, and environmental professionals in the field of law, engineering, geology, and policy development.
The members of the committee have been recognized for their leadership and well thought-out approach to the development and implementation of public policy. The committee's opinion is often solicited by policy makers. The Business Council Environment Committee is the only party that regularly interacts with State regulators and policy makers on general environmental business matters.
Darren Suarez, Director of Government Affairs
- 2017 Back to Business Legislative and Regulatory Agenda
- 2016 End of Session Summary
- 2016 Fix New York Legislative and Regulatory Agenda
- 2015 End of Session Summary
- 2015 Legislative and Regulatory Agenda
- 2014 Legislative and Regulatory Agenda
- 2014 End of Legislative Session Summary
- S.1515 (Avella)/A.1773 (Fahy), Oppose, Petroleum Storage Safety Requirements, 3/3/17
- S.2007-A Senate Budget Bill Parts M, N & X, Oppose, Drinking Water Standards and Remedial Programs, 3/24/17
- S.2008/A.3008 - Part II, Oppose, New Remedial Program and Removal of Due Process During Remediation, 2/15/17
- S.2008/A.3008 - Part JJ, Environmental Protection Fund, 2/6/17
- FY16 Executive Budget Summary
- Amendments to the Brownfield Clean-Up Program
Testimony to: New York State Senate Finance Committee and Assembly Ways and Means Committee Hearing On SFY 2014-2015 Executive Budget Proposal, January 29, 2014
- NYS Department of Environmental Conservation
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Code of Federal Regulations - Search Program
- NYS Assembly - Search Database of NYS Statutes
- NYS Department of Health - Public Health Works
- The Occupational Safety & Health Administration