State Energy Planning Process
Public Hearing Schedule now available
Staff Contact: Ken Pokalsky
August 6, 2009
Please be advised that the Public Hearing Schedule for the 2009 Draft New York State Energy Plan is now available on the State Energy Plan web site www.nysenergyplan.com
Nine public hearings will be held across the State, including three held during evening hours and one scheduled for a Saturday. Each hearing will be four hours in length. Members of the Public wishing to address the Board are encouraged to pre-register through the link on the homepage of the web site; however, walk-ins will be allowed to speak as long as there is time remaining in the hearing time frame.
Prior to the start of each hearing, a brief address will be given to provide general information and hearing rules. General public hearing rules include:
- Upon arrival, speakers are required to sign-in, indicating whether they have pre-registered.
- Each speaker will be given 5 minutes to address the Board. After all speakers have had a chance to address the Board, repeat speakers may be afforded another five minutes.
- Formal presentations (PowerPoint, etc) will not be allowed.
- As this is a "statement hearing", the Planning Board will not entertain substantive questions about the Draft Energy Plan.
- Speakers can submit written comments via the State Energy Plan web site, and Planning Board staff will accept written comments at the hearings so long as the comments are relevant to the State Energy Plan.
The Planning Board anticipates releasing the Draft New York State Energy Plan documents on August 10, 2009 through the Planning web site. An email will go out announcing the release.