Economic Development Committee
The Business Council's mission statement is “working to create economic growth, good jobs and strong communities across New York State.” In our efforts to promote a more competitive economic climate we address a wide range of issues from state and local taxes, to labor mandates, to the cost and reliability of electric power, and others. In addition, our Economic Development Committee addresses specific, growth-oriented policies and programs, including development funding, tax incentives, energy programs, workforce development and others that support new private sector, job growth and job retention. Our committee is comprised of manufacturers, builders, banks and other finance entities, attorneys, engineers, local employer associations and others interested in promoting a better business climate and renewed economic growth in New York State.
Johnny Evers, Director of Government Affairs
- S.2975 (Murphy) / A.5498 (Bronson), Oppose, Relates to Hours, Wages, and Supplements in Contracts for Public Work, 4/28/17
- Governor Cuomo Announces More than $700 Million in Economic Development Resources Awarded in Sixth Round of Regional Council Initiative (12/8/16)
- Report on Effectiveness of ReCharge New York Power Program (12/2015)
- Testimony to Assembly Standing Committee on Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce, and Industry (8/3/16)
- Economic and State Policy Perspective - Presentation by Heather C. Briccetti, Esq.
- Startup NY Annual Report (4/1/14)
- Setting the Agenda: Economic Development - Op Ed by Ken Pokalsky, Vice President , The Business Council of New York State, Inc. (9/12/13)
- Manufacturers: Defense Cuts Would Cost More Than 1 Million Job - National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) (6/21/12)
- New York Must Step Up Its Game: The Global Struggle for Biopharmaceutical Jobs - PPI (5/19/11)
- Let's Make it Here: Keys to a Manufacturing Resurgence in New York - PPI (4/12/11)