ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT LEGISLATIVE PROGRAM
Staff Contact: Ken
- Support creation of a refundable state credit for real property taxes (similar to the Empire Zone RPT benefit) that would apply statewide to manufacturers making significant capital
investments for the purpose of improving their productivity and competitiveness and retaining existing employment.
- Support amendments to the Empire Zone program that assures continued eligibility of businesses with multiple facilities in New York, when such businesses make significant capital
investments within a zone.
- Oppose legislation that would place additional restrictions on the designation of Empire Zone acreage, or that would impose unreasonable program qualification criteria.
- Support an extension of the "Power for Jobs" program beyond the current December 31, 2005 sunset date.
- Support creation of additional Empire Zones, with priority given to counties that have not received any zone designations.
- Support full funding of key Empire State Development Corporation programs, including but not limited to: "Jobs Now," Empire State Economic Development Fund, Regional Technology
Development Centers, and business marketing programs.
- Support increased state support for incumbent worker training and training programs that target employer needs.
- Support legislation that would promote the in-state commercialization of technologies developed through New York's university-based technology investment programs.
- Support the development and adoption of reasonable land use and development planning initiatives. Oppose legislation which restricts economic growth in New York under the guise of
promoting "smart growth."
- Support the expansion of the state investment tax credit for telecommunications equipment.
- Make permanent the investment tax credit for the securities industry.
TO VIEW THE BUSINESS COUNCIL'S COMPLETE LEGISLATIVE
PROGRAM CLICK HERE