2006 CONSUMER COMMITTEE LEGISLATIVE PROGRAM
Following identifies The Business Council's priority issues to be addressed by the Committees and Councils during 2006.
- Support labeling and packaging requirements for food, drug and products be done at the federal level.
- Support necessary warranty requirements be imposed at the federal level to ensure nationwide consistency.
- To ensure nationwide consistency, oppose legislation which amends New York State's Fair Credit Reporting Act beyond the standards established by the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Oppose legislation which restricts the release or sale of names on consumer lists.
- Oppose legislation that would impose additional government mandated restrictions on the terms of franchise agreements.