2018 Draft Construction Council Agenda
Staff Contact: Johnny Evers
Significant investment in public infrastructure is necessary to ensure the efficient flow of goods, services and people. Rebuilding New York’s aging infrastructure requires alternatives to the standard approach of financing, constructing and operating our transportation systems. The Business Council:
- Will monitor state mandated MWBE guidelines to insure they are realistic, attainable, and that waivers are fairly applied.
- Supports upstate/downstate parity in state investments in transportation infrastructure.
- Will monitor state public works letting levels to ensure timeliness of both letting and payment schedules.
- Supports expansion and permanent extension of the design-build method of project delivery.
- Supports reforms to ensure that “prevailing wage” determinations accurately reflect regional private sector wage levels.
- Supports efforts to expand workforce development in the skilled trades.
- Opposes any mandatory Project Labor Agreement (PLA) requirement.
- Opposes extension of prevailing wage mandates to private sector activities.