Home

Erie County, New York / Quaker Meeting House

Previous | Erie Home | Next

Erie County, New York / Quaker-Meeting-House

Quaker Meeting House. Quakers were the first religious body to be formed in Orchard Park and in the county of Erie -- in the year 1807. The Historic Quaker Meeting House was constructed in 1820, a prime example of early American architecture. A partition was placed through the center, permitting men to sit on one side and women on the other. The straight-backed wooden benches built by hand in those early years are still used today. Modern heating, electricity and other improvements have since been made. The building is still a place of worship for the Quakers.