Staff contact: Liz Mancini
At CIS, we believe that everyone deserves a secure online experience. CIS harnesses the power of a global IT community to safeguard private and public organizations against cyber threats. As a 501(c)(3) organization, CIS works to deliver confidence in the connected world. Our CIS Controls and CIS Benchmarks are the global standard and recognized best practices for securing IT systems and data against the most pervasive attacks. We combine these best practices with timely cyber intelligence resources to help organizations worldwide start and stay secure.
The CIS Mission
- Identify, develop, validate, promote, and sustain best practices in cybersecurity
- Deliver world-class security solutions to prevent and rapidly respond to cyber incidents
- Build and lead communities to enable an environment of trust in cyberspace
What We Provide
Through our partnership, Business Council members can obtain the following products and services from CIS:
- CIS Controls
Our recommended set of actions for cyber defense that provide specific and actionable ways to thwart the most pervasive attacks. The CIS Controls are a relatively short list of high-priority, highly effective defensive actions that provide a “must-do, do-first” starting point for every
enterprise seeking to improve their cyber defense.
- CIS Benchmarks
Our internationally-recognized, consensus-based secure configuration guidelines curated by our
community of experienced IT practitioners to help assess and improve network cybersecurity.
- CIS SecureSuite
Our suite of cybersecurity tools and services that leverage the CIS Benchmarks and CIS Controls to automate configuration assessment and provide enhanced insight for organizations of all sizes to improve their cybersecurity posture.
- CIS Services
Security assessment and consulting services to help organizations start secure and stay secure. Our experts can identify critical system weaknesses with a customized plan designed to meet unique cybersecurity needs. Available services include:
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Incident Response
- Social Engineering & Phishing Exercises
- External Network & Web Application Penetration Testing
- Employee & Management Training Seminars
Learn more about our partnership program at https://learn.cisecurity.org/partnerships, or call us at 518.880.0770.
10 Brands, 26 Gift Categories
We’ve got all the gifts to help you express yourself perfectly for every occasion, business or personal.
Milestones, Life Events, Birthdays, Employee Recognition, Customer Appreciation or Just Because.
Our vast selection of gifts includes fresh flowers, fruits, gourmet food gift baskets, cookies and baked goods, popcorn and specialty treats, premium chocolates and confections and top quality steaks and chops all from top brands consumers know and love, including: Cheryl’s Cookies, The Popcorn Factory, Harry & David, 1-800-Baskets, Wolferman’s, Stockyards and more!
Business Council Members, Friends & Family save 15-20%
at www.1800flowers.com/tbc with promo code TBC
We help thousands celebrate every day. Send a Smile today.
Marketing, Business Programs, Volume Orders: email@example.com
As a business professional, you are constantly creating and building new relationships. Office Depot is here to do the same with you — by making an unparalleled commitment to your success. We’ll be in your corner, with insight, expertise, services and solutions you can count on — time and time again.
The Office Depot Partner Program offers Business Council members savings of 10% off the web price on more than 30,000 office supplies. Keep your workplace running smoothly with discounts on office essentials, breakroom supplies, technology products and more!
Office Depot has category experts and dedicated account managers that will provide you with personalized service. Let’s work together to help meet your unique business needs.
Shop online and receive free shipping on orders over $50*, or shop in store from one of over 3000 retail store locations. Click here to set up your discount account or to begin shopping and saving online or in the store today!
SHARE THE SAVINGS with Colleagues, Family & Friends!
*Restrictions apply, discounts not applied to all products and services.
**Additional fees may apply on items more than 50 lbs. in weight.
Save up to 25% off Avis base rates plus get other great offers.
Life is nonstop. We’re here to keep you moving. From the car to the accessories, choose what best fits you and your trip. So when you drive off, you’ll be ready for whatever the journey brings.
BCNYS members always receive up to 25% off your rental when you use AWD# D423506, plus enjoy additional offers like dollars off, a complimentary upgrade, or a free weekend day. With a complimentary membership in Avis Preferred®, you’ll travel better, save time and gain access to exclusive offers. Skip the counter and paperwork at many locations and go straight to your car. Visit avis.com/bcnys or call 1-800-331-1212 to make a reservation.
Avis Car Rental operates one of the world's best-known car rental brands with approximately 5,450 locations in more than 165 countries. Avis has a long history of innovation in the car rental industry and is one of the world's top brands for customer loyalty.
Save up to 25% off Budget base rates plus get other sweet deals.
When you rent a car, you shouldn’t need a handbook. Why not choose simple, smart and easy on the wallet? Then you can focus on getting there and having fun doing it.
BCNYS members always save up to 25% off Budget base rates with offer code BCD# D836606, plus get other great offers like dollars off, a complimentary upgrade, or a free weekend day. Plus with a complimentary membership in Budget Fastbreak, enjoy our fastest, easiest rental experience! Visit budget.com/bcnys or call 1-800-527-0700 to make a reservation.
Budget Car Rental is one of the world's best-known car rental brands with approximately 3,350 locations in more than 120 countries. Budget is an industry leader in providing vehicle rental services to value-conscious travelers and also operates the second-largest truck rental business in the United States, through a network of approximately 1,650 locations.
Single-source payment and streamlined toll management services for commercial fleets
Bestpass is in the business of saving commercial fleets and drivers time and money. Founded in 2001 by the New York State Motor Truck Association, Bestpass provides nationwide streamlined toll management services, including consolidated billing, volume discounts, violation processing and a single service compatible with more than 40 tolling groups and all weigh station bypass networks. With more than $30 million in toll processed each month, Bestpass is a trusted partner both on the road and in the back office.
To learn more, visit www.bestpass.com or call (518) 458-1579. Business Council members qualify for a 25 percent reduction in Bestpass account activation fees and a five percent reduction on any Bestpass monthly service fees!
The Power to Choose
BlueRock Energy is a premier provider of electricity and natural gas products and services. Our company was founded on the idea that offering superior energy related products with outstanding service should be the industry norm, not the exception. BlueRock Energy is proud to be the official energy partner of The Business Council.
Why BlueRock Energy?
- We take a consultative approach to determine the most appropriate energy products based on energy consumption, current market conditions, and specific business needs
- Expertly trained regional Energy Advisors with a comprehensive energy background
- A dedicated multi-cultural Customer Experience team with bi-lingual members to assist customers’ needs
- BlueRock Energy maintains a local presence in your community. We partner with our customers and give back to the community by working with, and contributing to, several not-for-profit organizations
Choose the BlueRock option that's right for you:
- Electricity - Fixed, Variable, Blended, Indexed, and Renewable/Green
- Natural Gas - Fixed, Variable, Blended, and Indexed
Go Solar and Save!
BlueRock Solar is the newest division of BlueRock Energy! Our goal is to provide customers the ability to produce their own electricity at their home or business. Whether through solar panels or participation in one of our Community Shared solar projects throughout New York State, we can help you save money on your energy bill. Check out our website at http://www.bluerocksolar.com or give us a call to speak with a sales representative at 315.418.4400 or toll free at 800.836.4923.
BlueRock Energy Services is our sister company specializing in energy efficient lighting and power systems. These programs are designed to help businesses reduce energy consumption and make them more energy efficient. BRES offers free energy audits that compliment our customized approach to energy management. Please call 877.452.4236 to find out how BlueRock Energy Services can help reduce your energy consumption.
BlueRock Energy wants to be your trusted Energy Advisor from providing electricity and natural gas, to energy efficiency programs (BlueRock Energy Services) to producing green energy through BlueRock Solar. The world of energy consumption is changing rapidly. Let us help you change with it.
The Business Council is proud to offer the New York Human Resources Library
The New York Human Resources Library is your plain-English guide to understanding your responsibilities as an employer and managing your most important resource—your employees. The HR Library covers, in plain English, the entire employment process—from pre-hire through post-termination—providing practical advice on what should be done, how to do it and an explanation of why it is important.
Business Council members save 20%off any publication on hrsimple.com/ny by using code nymem18.
New York Human Resources Library
Exclusive member price – $198.40
Written by top labor attorneys, the New York Human Resources Library includes:
- A hard copy book and online access to the New York Human Resources Manual, 30 chapters that cover everything from pre-hire through post-termination.
- Online access to hundreds of Human Resources checklists, forms and sample policies that you can download and customize in Model Policies and Forms for New York Employers.
- A weekly HR Update newsletter and hrsimple email alerts that keep you informed on the latest developments in the HR world.
Like any good user manual, the library is written in plain English so you understand what to do, how to do it and in what order.
Covering pre-hire through post-termination and both federal and New York laws and regulations, the step-by-step guidance and explanations will provide the answers you need to protect your employees, your company, and you.
Included are templates for required/optional forms and policies that you can download and customize to meet your needs as you update or rewrite your HR manual and employee handbook.
This publication will help you answer questions such as:
- Can I ask an applicant if they have ever been arrested?
- How long do I have to keep payroll records?
- Do I need to grant paid time-off for jury duty?
- Can salaried employees earn overtime?
- Is everyone covered by family and medical leave?
- Is my business covered by the Pregnancy Discrimination Act?
- What should I include in my vacation and leave policies?
See a full table of contents here: hrsimple.com/ny.
The New York Human Resources Manual is written by top New York labor attorneys, so you’ll know it’s credible, authoritative, and—best of all—New York-specific!
For more information and a table of contents, go to hrsimple.com/ny.
Have questions? Give our customer service team a call at (866) 439-2227. Be sure to use the member discount code nymem18 to get your special member price.
Additional topic-specific publications are also available. For more information on these valuable resources, click here.
Hotel rooms seem to account for the largest portion of your travel budget. A few days stay in a hotel can easily cost over $500. So, what can you do to get the guaranteed lowest price on hotels?
Business Council members, and their families and friends, can now access exclusive savings of up to 60% off what's currently available on the web each time you book your reservation - with no blackout dates or restrictions! Select from over 300,000 hotels & resorts worldwide, including such brands as Hilton, Marriott, Ritz Carlton, Holiday Inn and many more. Book with confidence with our Best Price Guarantee! Reduce your travel expenses. Give your employees a valuable savings benefit by sharing this site with them.
Enroll now for free at www.MyHotelRewards.net/BCNYS and use Group Code BCNYS.
Travel Smarter. Making a Difference.
Heartland provides employee payroll services to entrepreneurs ranging in size from small to large. Whether you are looking for a turnkey payroll service for your expanding employee base or offering a 401(k) for the first time, our full-service employee payroll services offer reliable solutions you can trust.
- Single Point of Contact
No phone trees. We provide you with a relationship that goes beyond average customer support. A dedicated payroll consultant who knows you and is familiar with your business is critical to your success. Our single-point-of-contact approach gives you the confidence of easy payroll management supported by simple payroll software.
- Secure and Flexible
Heartland provides processing anytime, anywhere—with instant online access to all of your payroll data and employee information. Plus, we use the latest encryption technology to ensure your business and employee data stays safe.
- Competitive Pricing and the Industry’s Only Three Year Price Lock
We value transparency. That’s why we offer all-inclusive pricing with no extra fees and no hidden costs. In addition, we lock in your rate for three years so there are no surprises down the road.
Business Council members enjoy these Included Services, all at no additional cost:
- Complete Tax Service, including 941 (federal withholding and FICA), 940 (FUTA), state and local withholding, unemployment and disability
- Employee Self-Service for viewing pay stubs, W2s, and PTO balances
- Direct deposit to employee’s checking, savings or prepaid card accounts
- Complete payroll reporting, including dozens of ready-to-use payroll reports, plus our report writer for custom reports
Ready to get started?
Through your Business Council membership, you can save up to 36% on shipping with UPS, plus 50% off select services for up to four weeks after you enroll! We understand how important reliability, speed, and cost are to you because they're important to us too. Enroll now and start saving on UPS shipping and see how our services and technologies can help you save time and money in other areas. When your productivity is on the line, count on logistics to help you deliver a better customer experience.
- Up to 36% on UPS Air letters including UPS Next Day Air®*
- Up to 32% on UPS Air packages (1 lb.+)*
- Up to 34% on UPS International imports and exports
- Up to 24% on UPS Ground shipments
You can receive these discounts even if you already have a UPS account. Plus, the more you ship, the more you can save with UPS. To enroll and start saving, visit savewithups.com/bcnys or call 1-800-MEMBERS (1-800-636-2377), M-F, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
The Business Council has partnered with YRC Freight® and UPS Freight® to bring you a shipping program specifically designed to lower your company’s shipping costs! As a Business Council member, you are eligible to receive competitive discounts on select services for LTL (less-than-truckload) freight shipments over 150 lbs. with the best carriers in the industry.
Below is an overview of some of the products and services you can take advantage of through the BCNYS shipping program. It’s free to enroll and there are no minimum shipping requirements to take advantage of your member discounts.
- YRC connects key North American markets with reliable three-day and coast-to-coast shipping services Seamless LTL transportation is provided throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.
- Expedited Precision™ offers you expedited, time-definite, air and ground service backed by our industry-leading customer satisfaction guarantee.
- Guaranteed Precision™ will get your goods to their destination with a guarantee, ensuring delivery, on or before the standard service date by noon, 5 p.m., or within a customer-defined window, or you don’t pay.
- Exhibit is a single source to satisfy your shipping needs to, from and between trade shows – including air and ground, expedited and guaranteed. Enjoy the lowest trade-show shipping fees in the industry.
UPS Freight® LTL Urgent:
- Time-definite LTL solutions ensure that your shipments arrive on-time based on your specific needs, guaranteed.
- Experienced Urgent associates are available around the clock to provide support and proactively monitor your shipments. This means added visibility, individual attention and peace of mind.
- Pickup of Urgent LTL shipments with your regular LTL shipments increases the efficiency of your loading dock.
UPS Freight® LTL:
- Standard LTL service backed by an on-time guarantee for shipments rated on the current UPS Freight tariff. Guarantee is available on shipments moving between all directs points in the continental U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada.
- Service features more than 20,000 one-and two-day lanes.
- Cross-continent three- and four-day service.
- Regional, interregional and long-haul services, all with one pickup.
If you would like to enroll in the BCNYS Shipping Program or you would like additional information, please call 1-800-MEMBERS (636-2377) or visit www.1800members.com/bcnys.
If you would like a quote on a pending shipment please email all pertinent information to firstname.lastname@example.org and a dedicated freight representative will follow up with you the same day.
*Applies to FXF 1000 Rate Base customers only. Subject to terms and conditions provided in the FXF 100 Series Rules Tariff.